Description: Smoked trout hash with a sunny side up egg, english muffins with chèvre and sriracha and a side of sauerkraut
4 kale leaves or 2 generous handfuls of baby kale (or other early green)
4 Tbs. butter
6 oz. smoked trout (skinned and shredded) (Ducktrap)
2 English muffins (homemade)
Sriracha- to taste (China!!!)
1. Heat butter in a cast iron skillet over medium to high heat. Add potatoes; cook, flipping potatoes as needed, until lightly browned… about 10 minutes.
2. Chop and add onions to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften, about 10 minutes.
3. Beat 1 egg, heavy cream, 2 oz. of chevre and garlic in a bowl until mixed. Reduce heat of skillet and add mixture, stirring rapidly. Once mixture is added in, increase heat back to medium-high. Add shredded smoked trout at this time.
4. Flip hash every couple of minutes. Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add kale and stir in as necessary. This is a good time to crack those eggs and fry them in a separate frying pan. Pop those english muffins into the toaster at this time, as well.
4. Divide hash, eggs and english muffins between 2 plates. Add chèvre and sriracha to english muffins. Spoon a healthy serving of sauerkraut or kimchi on the side.